


Junia enjoyed pulling out the smooshie pumpkin insides. She sings an adorable song about Jack-O-Lanterns that she learned from preschool.
A few weeks ago, our church had a pumpkin fest with hayrides, horse rides, bouncy houses & a pumpkin decorating contest. Junia's pumpkin won the "Friendliest Pumpkin Award" which was very sweet since it was clear that hers was the only one made by a toddler without much help. (Not the one she's working on in the picture above, but the smaller one with stickers on it - you'll see it on our porch in a later picture)
These next pictures are from Friday's activities when the PC students had a little Halloween fair for the neighborhood kids, and the town had a parade. One thing that's nice about a small town is that everyone seems to get into the activities.
Bennet didn't want to keep his costume on, but he still got plenty of attention from the college girls!

Our Maharani and Maharaja about to go Trick-or-Treating on Halloween! Junia's costume is from Ren and Panger, friends from India; and I had fun making Bennet's Kurta and Turban out of skirts of I bought in Varkala, Kerala. Junia's Bindi is a sparkly flower sticker. Junia loved that she was an Indian princess - but I think some people here thought she meant 'Native American.' (sigh)
Some people have been asking to see pictures of our house, so here's our cozy abode.In other news, Bennet is 10 months now, and recently he's started some new baby tricks. I think he's getting the concept of waving - at least, when people wave frantically at him for an extended period of time, he will, occasionally grace them with a random arm flapping. He's also standing a lot now and even occasionally letting go of his handhold for a few seconds before falling down. Kirk thinks he may walk soon, but I remember Junia doing this for quite a while before she walked at 11.5 months, so we'll see! Anyway, its fun to watch him go through the baby stages - all too soon he'll be a little boy!
Kirk and I are a little homesick right now, we miss New Jersey, we miss family, we miss friends, and we just miss feeling like we fit and we know how we belong. People here are very friendly, and I don't doubt that we will eventually be very comfortable here, it's just that getting adjusted to a new place is always hard for awhile.






7 comments:
Tricia and Kirk, your blog is almost as darling as your kids! I know you will enjoy "small town" living and will add a lot to the life of Clinton! Thanksgiving should be interesting!
Love to all, Connie
beautiful! we miss you too. can't wait to catch up. thanks for your very very thoughtful note. it made my day. i miss coffee with you.
so fun! I know your will find your place there in time. It would take time in the far corners of NJ too. Love the house, love the pics - i remember being part of those festivities and cute kids are a great way to get high ratings by the students (haha - jk I know Kurt will earn them himself). I hope we will get to see you guys this summer.
I also think your kids are darling! Can't wait to hug them in person in 2 1/2 weeks!
Love,
Mom
Adjusting takes time... after a year, I still feel like I'm in the process of adjusting and not quite fitting... not that we aren't happy here, it is just different then CRW and being surrounded in such a community.
Your kids are sure looking cute!
They are getting so big! Hope all is going well in S.C. Halloween looked like great fun. Hugs to the little ones, you're all looking fantastic. Love, Erin
love the halloween costumes! so cute! Looks like a cute town too. and no worries, moving totally takes adjustment, and I think more so when you have kids...I totally didn't like NC the whole first year we were here- missed the big cities! Then I spent 6 weeks in california and the west with my family and came back and it suddenly felt like home, now 2 years in, I love it here!
Post a Comment